Aadhaar will be mandatory for applying and renewal of driving licence. It would become mandatory from April 2018 onwards. Aadhaar will also be the main proof of identity and address.
The move comes in the wake of fraudulent ways being adopted by people to beat suspension of driving licences. People could get new driving licences from different RTOs in other states. The transport ministry has already created an online depository of 11.5 crore driving licences named “Sarathi”.
According to a random test done by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) in 2014, the total number of fake or duplicate driving licences in India was around 74 lakh.
How To Link Aadhaar With Driving Licence?
- This Aadhaar Number link service made available all states road transport department websites
- First of all go to website:
- Then select the ”Aadhaar Number Entry”
- Now select the ”Search Element” as Registration number or License.
- Enter your Registration or License number selected Click on ”Get Details” icon and your vehicle details will be shown.
- Below you will be shown Aadhaar number and mobile number
- Enter your 12 digits Aadhaar number with valid phone number Click on submit and confirmation message will be sent to your mobile number.
- By clearly following the above procedure you can link your Aadhaar card number with Driving license from any state Transport department official website’s to link Driving License and vehicle Number.
ONOTHER METHOD TO LINK ADHAR NO. WITH DRIVING LIENCENCE
It is noteworthy that the government will soon take a decision for this and the process will be started soon. It is noteworthy that in different states, there will be a separate process for linking the base card with a driver’s license. However, a link to the website of the transport department will also be available for this. Learn how to add support to a driving license here
1. First go to the website of your state road transport department.
2. Click on the support number entry on the website.
3. Click on the search for registration number or license
4. Then enter your registration number or license number.
5. Click on Get Details and your vehicle’s table will be here.
6. You have been given a support number and mobile number column at the bottom.
7. Enter your support number and mobile number of 12 digits in it.
8. After the submission press the click button and then you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile
Thus you can link your support card and driving license through the above procedure